From the time we finally got the keys to The Children’s Allotment site in March 2018, we achieved so much! In our first year we held:
- 18 workdays to clear and renovate the site, which were each attended by volunteers from the local community with 210 attendances over the year, with a total contribution of 520 volunteer hours.
- 3 corporate volunteer workdays, through which we hosted 27 volunteers from HSBC, Brookes University and Pearsons to donate 91 volunteer hours on the site.
- 11 discussion group events where attendees were able to discuss alternative educational and childcare pedagogies and approaches. They were attended by around 10 adults on average for each event.
- 4 film showings to watch documentaries about alternative education pedagogies, which attracted interested parents and educators, with 36 attendances in total.
- 4 workshops hosted by an expert facilitators covering a specific aspect of alternative education such as Steiner or democratic pedagogies, which attracted interested parents and educators, with 102 attendances in total.
- 7 Forest School / Outdoor play drop in sessions attended by local families with 77 attendances from adults and 76 from children.
- 2 open information events and 1 social event attended by around 24 adults in total.
A huge thank you to all the volunteers and attendees for an amazing year!